Encourage your man to take the first step and kick start the New Year with a comprehensive Health Check here at the Men’s Health Clinic.
Throughout January 2017 we will be holding dedicated clinics on a Wednesday and Saturday morning to assess both overall health and male specific issues. Choose from either of our exclusive packages:-
Men’s Health Check – £149.00
15-minute consultation – Includes a blood pressure check, weight check and comprehensive blood screen encompassing a full male hormone profile, prostate health screen, diabetes & thyroid check, full blood count, cholesterol & lipids and assessment of liver & kidney function.
VIP Men’s Health Check – £219.00
30-minute consultation – Includes a review of pre-screening questionnaires sent out prior to appointment, blood pressure check, weight check, prostate examination, lifestyle assessment, personalised management plan and comprehensive blood screen encompassing a full male hormone profile, prostate health screen, diabetes & thyroid check, full blood count, cholesterol & lipids and assessment of liver & kidney function.
Some facts to consider…
- 1 man in 5 dies before the age of 65 – They can’t adopt the “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” attitude towards health. Help them take an interest by making the first step for them.
- 75% of premature deaths from heart disease are from males – We use the latest QRISK-2 risk calculator, which takes into account lifestyle, blood pressure, weight and blood test results to calculate his risk of cardiovascular disease.
- 67% males are overweight or obese – Measuring his Body Mass Index is a useful guide to assessing body fat. It is used as a tool in measuring risk of disease in a number medical conditions.
- Middle-aged men are twice as likely to have diabetes than women – We review his HBa1C, which is a measure of his average blood sugar and is necessary in diagnosing and monitoring diabetes. The VIP Men’s Health Check (MHC) also looks at other risk factors associated with diabetes.
- 4 out of 5 suicides are male – Mental health is common in men, it is a disease like any other. Our VIP MHC screens for depression using the validated PHQ-9 questionnaire, and looks at other factors that might contribute to mental health problems.
- Men are twice as likely to have liver disease – We assess liver function through our comprehensive blood test. The VIP MHC also looks at lifestyle issues that might need addressing to prevent or halt any further problems from developing, such as alcohol.
- Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men – We check his Prostate Specific Antigen, a marker of prostate disease. The VIP MHC combines this with a urinalysis and digital rectal assessment to screen for prostate cancer.
What is health worth to you? Call Lilliput Health on 01202 725090 to book your appointment and take the first step today.